The Bass Pro Shops US Open National Bass Fishing Amateur Team Championships – a first-of-its-kind amateur fishing tournament offering the biggest payout in fishing history ($1 million to the first-place winner) – kicked off this morning on Table Rock Lake in Ridgedale, Mo.
350 angler teams from more than 34 states and five countries fished with the goal of placing in the top 200 teams to advance to the next day of competition on Saturday, Nov. 20. Please see below for a quick recap of today’s action and preview for Saturday’s action.
DAY 1 RESULTS
- The top 200 teams have advanced to fish on Saturday, Nov. 20. The top 50 teams from Saturday’s final standings will advance to the Sunday finale and opportunity to fish for $1 million dollars.
- The current standings from Day 1 of the Bass Pro Shops US Open National Championship can be found here. The Top 10 teams heading into Saturday’s competition are as follows:
- 1). Eric Blevins – Dakota Comstock (Protem, MO)
- 2). Saxton Long – Auston Clanton (Powell, TN)
- 3). Lendel Smith – Drew Tabor (Harrison, AR)
- 4). Mark Jenkins – James Bailey (Harrison, AR)
- 5). Benjamin Wright – Adam Markley (Naples, FL)
- 6). Ronnie Allen – Justin Barbour (Chouteau, OK-Tulsa, OK)
- 7). Joshua Klinghagen – David Booth (Kokomo, IN-Spirit Lake, IA)
- 8). Jason Przekurat – Jay Przekurat (Stevens Point, WI)
- 9). Laker Howell – Marshall Robinson (Gunnersville, AL)
- 10). Tucker Smith – Logan Parks (Shoal Creek, AL)